Re: Experience with Lenovo Thinkpad z61m or z61t?

From: Lisa Besko <besko_at_msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:47:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Doug Barton wrote:

> I'm considering the z61m, or possibly the z61t for my next laptop, and
> I was wondering if anyone has experience with them, good or bad. I do

I have a z61t and I'm running FreeBSD 6.1 stable from August on it.
Versions earlier than that do not work with the bge ethernet adapter.
That was my biggest problem with it when I got the system in July.  Xorg
is working just fine.  I don't have sound yet but have not really tried to
get it working either.  I have not tried to get many of the "extras" on
the system working with FreeBSD but generally I can get my work done and
that's all that really matters to me.

If you want more info. let me know.  I could send dmesg to you if you
like.

LB