Re: What do you think ?: How should pseundo terminals behave ...

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:23:38 -0400
On Sep 26, 2006, at 14:21 , Magnus Ringman wrote:

> Ah, yes - my bad.  We agree!
> My poor brain stem objected to the use of SIGHUP for losing master, on
> grounds that a hangup is a perfetly valid terminal event.
> Invalidating the fd is the important point.

Yeh, I was unclear:  I said "hangup", intending not SIGHUP but vhangup
() (but recalling that freebsd doesn't do vhangup() so not calling it
such).

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery_at_kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu