Re: isofs/cd9660 -> relocate to fs/isofs/cd9660?

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:27:18 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Eric Anderson wrote:

> I noticed that cd9660 file system is in sys/isofs/cd9660 instead of what
> seems more logical: sys/fs/cd9660.  Is there any reason not to move it?
> Curious mostly..

It's interesting that it was left behind in the last big rearrangement, which
did successfully move most of the misc. file systems to the fs tree.  One good
reason not to move things around in the kernel tree is that it's not just
kernel code that is affected -- userland code is also affected, and if there
are third party apps that use kernel include files, they need to be updated.
I'm not sure if that's true for the cd9660 file system, but it would be easy
to imagine that being the case.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge