Re: Intel 3945ABG

From: yal <yal_at_yal.hopto.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:46:16 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

may be Florent Thoumie could help us better understand what's going on.
And for how long native support for intel 3945abg wifi cards will be
unavailable on FreeBSD 7.
Bergamini's wpi module won't be loaded by the new -CURRENT kernels.

--   --
San Jose, CA March 7, 2007 -- The inclusion of firmware for popular Intel
wireless devices means that users of FreeBSD will have native wireless
support for many Centrino-branded Intel PRO/Wireless devices without
downloading additional software. This approval includes firmware for the
Intel 2100, 2200BG, 2225BG, 2915ABG, and the 3945ABG devices.

"These changes have already been committed to the development branch of
the FreeBSD source code repository except for firmware for the 3945ABG,
which is expected to happen fairly soon once that driver is ready for
inclusion," said Florent Thoumie, a FreeBSD developer working on this
project.

In order to use the firmware provided by Intel, FreeBSD users must first
agree with the license. FreeBSD developers have added a simple mechanism
to the operating system to agree to the license by defining an easy-to-use
system variable.

--  --