Re: targclose doesn't return

From: Alex Dupre <ale_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:03:51 +0200
Scott Long ha scritto:
> Actually, I think it's a wildly incorrect use of the clone API.

Hmm, I don't think scsi_target uses the clone API. Yes, probably it
should or at least it will be better, but the problem will remain. From
what I've understood we cannot call destroy_dev directly from d_close.
The solutions I see are:
- use the destroy_dev_sched function posted by Kostik
- remove the device externally, after closing it (like other clonable
   devices already do)
The latter approach probably needs some redesign of the scsi_target
code, while the first should be simpler if it works as expected (perhaps
we should handle in a different way an open() to a closed but not
already destroyed device, dunno).

> I'll
> take a look at in the in next few days and try to commit something that
> works.

Thanks for your support. I'm available to help (as much as I'm able)
and test patches.

--
Alex Dupre