Re: DSO loading (dlopen) appearse to be broken somehow

From: Alexander Kabaev <kabaev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:09:44 -0400
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:57:35 +0400
Andrey Chernov <ache_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 08:23:46AM -0400, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> > > Syntax error on line 213 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> > > Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_env.so into server:
> > > /usr/local/libexec
> > > /apache/mod_env.so: Undefined symbol "ap_palloc"
> > >
> > > Perhaps it is Apache configuration problem since old-compiled
> > > apache (Dec 9) runs normally. Perhaps Apache config find some new
> > > defines which not works as expected.
> > >
> > > I am not expert in dlopen() at all. Please look someone who knows.
> > >
> > You do not have to be an expert in dlopen to find out the list of
> > loaded modules at the time dlopen called, what parameters dlopen is
> > called with and where the symbol allegedly not found is really
> > defined.
>
> 1) The symbols in question are all _defined_ inside main httpd
> program.

objdump -T output goes here.

2) dlopen() just call single first apache module and fails.

dlopen parameters dump goes here.

2a) dlerror() output goes here
    objdump -T of module being loaded goes here too.

> 3) Apache port not changed for a long time and works at the moment of
> last commit 2006/12/09

Symbol lookup and module loading has not changed in rtld for even
longer time.

You honestly expect someone to do initial trivial investigation for you?

--
Alexander Kabaev