Re: Panic when loading snd_ich.

From: Sean Bryant <sean_at_cyberwang.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:08:55 -0400
Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:56:06 -0400
> Sean Bryant <sean_at_cyberwang.net> wrote:
>
>>> Try this one: (sys/dev/sound/pci/ich.c)
>>>
>>>   http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/ich.c
>>>
>>> (no, this has nothing to do with the panic at all)
>>>

> At least, you should tell me whether this fix your attach issue or
> not.

>>> the  > resources to be tied up. That's a really rough guess with no

>>> You should reproduce the panic, generate the dump, submit the
>>> backtrace so things will become much clear for us. Will you?
>>>

>> Okay I disabled the remote debugging things to get a dump but it
>> keeps  saying no dump device defined. I explicitly set it to my swap
>> device.  and still the same result. any ideas?
>>

> --
> Ariff Abdullah
> FreeBSD
>
> ... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
>     and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........

Are you still interested in seeing a panic or strange behavior with the
snd_ich driver?

I decided to load it up so I could give you a better report on what the
error is. And my usb keyboard just kinda stopped working.
I tried to reproduce it and it didn't happen, i thought it was a fluke.
Then I played around for a bit and I tried to load it up again, and boom
it happened again.  I can't seem to figure out a pattern, but I'm going
to get an ps/2 keyboard so I can give more detailed information but if
this little bit helps great.