Re: struct x*pcb size mismatch

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:24:52 -0700
Matteo Riondato wrote:
> I rebuild my system with HEAD sources as of today and began
> experiencing the following problem:
> [rionda_at_kaiser][~]> sockstat
> sockstat: struct xtcpcb size mismatch
> sockstat: struct xinpcb size mismatch
> sockstat: struct xunpcb size mismatch
> sockstat: struct xunpcb size mismatch
> USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN
> ADDRESS
> [rionda_at_kaiser][~]>
>

> Any idea of what can cause this problem?
> Kernel and world are *not* out of sync: I recompiled both.
>
> Thanks
> Best regards

Remove some debugging options in your kernel.
(or put the same options in /etc/make.conf)

and recompile

Unfortunately some of the profiling and debugging options
change the size of some of the structures..

In particular I think the lock-profiling one changes the size of a mutex
which is included everywhere.

This is a bug, but don't expect it to be fixed too quickly.