Re: Do we need this junk?

From: Wilko Bulte <wb_at_freebie.xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:54:34 +0200
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 09:44:48AM -0500, Nikolas Britton wrote..
> On 4/6/07, Scott Sipe <cscotts_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

> >> Well based on the stats I've posted maybe it's time to split FreeBSD
> >> i386 into two platforms, one for embedded/legacy systems and one for
> >> modern systems? The needs for each type of system are diametrically
> >> opposed, and the modern ones make up the majority of deployed systems.
> >> Perhaps FreeBSD i786 or IA32, with the minimum target being a
> >> Willamette based Pentium 4, aka SSE2?
> >>

> >I was just wanted to let you know, that whoever you thought called
> >you a liar earlier, absolutely did not. They just said that they
> >didn't trust that the bsdstats.org statistics were representative--
> >which they're not.
> >

> What data do you have to back that claim up? Unless you have real
> quantitative data to support your claims the bsdstats.org statistics
> stand as an accurate representative sample of the population... i.e.
> it's *1000% better the your sample size of one.

How about you going somewhere else, telling people what to do?

There have been ample people explaining you why FreeBSD is the way it
is, and why it is not due to change to reflect your tastes anytime soon.

If you don't like that, tough.  Go run Linux, Windows or whatever suits you
and leave this list alone.

Thank you,
Wilko

--