Re: call for testers: altq in current

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 18:45:44 +0100
On Saturday 07 April 2007 19:23, Nate Lawson wrote:
> A few weeks ago, I committed a change to ALTQ that I was only able to
> compile-test.  What I need is someone with a laptop or other
> cpufreq-capable system that is also using ALTQ to verify that with
> powerd running, the queuing timing is now reliable.
>
> Previously, altq would just cache the first value of the CPU freq it
> saw (based on tsc_freq) and use that forever.  Now it gets updated each
> time the freq changes.  I want to make sure the edge cases (i.e., freq
> changes while a packet is being timed) work ok.

I will try to give it a spin over the long weekend.  Other testers please
note that you should test this without ALTQ_NOPCC.  Looking at the patch
now, it seems that the eventhandler should take this into account, too.
i.e. when ALTQ_NOPCC is defined we emulate a 256Mhz clock with
microtime - this shouldn't be dependent on the real cpu frequency
(eventhough things will get strange when the clockspeed drops below
256Mhz).  Sorry for not paying attention when you posted the patch.

CC'ing freebsd-pf_at_ ... laptop anyone?

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet