Re: recent CURRENT seems to affect if_tap, if_bridge with qemu

From: Scott Robbins <scottro_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:01:29 -0400
On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 06:26:30AM +0100, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> >To follow up, the problem seems to be solved.  In private email, someone
> >suggested to me that I ensure that both bridge0 and tap0 were up.  Prior
> >to my latest update of CURRENT, my /etc/qemu-ifup script just had
> >/sbin/ifconfig ${1}
> >
> >Changing it to
> >/sbin/ifconfig ${1} up
> >
> >fixed the problem.
>
> There is a net.link.tap.up_on_open sysctl which may help; it will mark a tap
> instance as IFF_UP immediately on devfs open or ifconfig clone.

Thank you, I didn't know about that one.  Until the email yesterday
(from Tobias Grosser--I wasn't sure, when I posted the solution, if it

Your solution works too.  The issue was simply that if_tap no longer
comes up upon being created.

Thanks to both you and Tobias.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Cordelia: Oxford. Whoopee. Four years in teabag central.
Sounds thrilling. And M.I.T. is a clearasil ad with housing, and Yale
is a dumping ground for those who didn't get into Harvard.
Willow: I got into Harvard.