lost zfs pool after buildworld

From: Johan Hendriks <Johan_at_double-l.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:54:21 +0200
I had created a zfs pool of two disks (da1 and da2).

# zpool create tank mirror /dev/da1 /dev/da2
then created the dir
# zfs create tank/samba
and the mount point
#zfs set mountpoint=/usr/local/samba tank/samba

it all worked well.
this was after zfs was put to head the same hours after.
Now i have cvsupped the system did a buildworld and my pool is gone.
zpool list says no pool defined.

I did the installworld from a remote location so zfs was active during installworld, and zfs module loaded.

Must i unload zfs next time?
I have recreated the pool now ( no important data) but is this normal or is it bad luck.

And is there a way to let zpool see the metadata (if any) on the disk.

regards,
Johan