Re: ZFS committed to the FreeBSD base.

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:20:28 +0200 (CEST)
Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
 > I'm happy to inform that the ZFS file system is now part of the FreeBSD
 > operating system. ZFS is available in the HEAD branch and will be
 > available in FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE as an experimental feature.

Great work, Pawel!  This is an important milestone for the
FreeBSD project.

Just a quick question:  Does ZFS still work reliable when
the write cache for ATA disks is enabled, i.e. with the
line "hw.ata.wc=1" in /boot/loader.conf?

I can't wait to set up a test machine with FreeBSD -current
to start playing with ZFS.  :)

Best regards
   Oliver

"I invented Ctrl-Alt-Delete, but Bill Gates made it famous."
        -- David Bradley, original IBM PC design team