Re: RFT: bin/106642: [patch] Allow excluding certain files from mergemaster(8)

From: Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik_at_brixandersen.dk>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:09:29 +0200
Hi Doug,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:30:10PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> This is a slightly easier way of doing something that can already be
> done easily in other ways, so I have given it a very low priority.

That's perfectly ok with me - I just wondered when I didn't hear from
you for 4 months :)

While it is true that there are other ways of doing this, it would be
nice to have generic support for this in the official mergemaster(8) -
especially given the limited complexity of the patch, imho.

> My goal is to review the various suggestions for accomplishing what
> you're suggesting, and then to incorporate the best one(s). While I
> appreciate your enthusiasm, this isn't something that is any way shape
> or form "urgent."

Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to get this done right, and I
look forward to seeing this - or a similar - feature being added to
mergemaster(8).

Sincerely,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik_at_brixandersen.dk>