Re: ATA FLUSHCACHE

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:42:23 +0930
On Tuesday 24 April 2007 18:14, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> The main problem that I've found is that with a single disk
> configuration, there is a timeout then the system recovers but with a
> dual (or maybe more) disks involved, multiple/current timeouts make
> the system panic and that is not nice.
>
> I suspect that changing the timeout may just hide the real problem.

Hmm, it is a non fatal error for gjournal, I'm kind of surprised it's a
fatal one for ZFS..

If the cache flush really failed (eg due to a stuffed disk) then there
really is a problem, but IMO it is likely this is going to be caught by
a read or a write operation very soon.

If it is a transient error then panicing seems to be about the worse
response :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum