ZFS and mv utility

From: Alexey Tarasov <master_at_preved.cn>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 00:56:50 +0400
Hello Pawel.

I have a question about ZFS and mv utility. I have the following pool
configuration:

NAME                          USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
storage                      62,1G   121G    26K  /storage
storage/music                7,95G   121G  7,95G  /storage/music
storage/oldhome              47,5G   121G  47,5G  /storage/oldhome

I made the following operation: mv /storage/oldhome/lexa/music/* /
storage/music and that operation took a very long time. It seems that
MV copies files first from storage/oldhome/lexa/musc to storage/music
and then deletes them from old location. But I move files within one
storage pool and it should work as fast, as it works on UFS
partition. Does it need to be modified for compatibility with ZFS?

Thanks,

--
Alexey Tarasov
master_at_preved.cn