Re: Panic on boot. How do I get a kernel dump.

From: Wilkinson, Alex <alex.wilkinson_at_dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:24:02 +0800
    0n Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 03:35:15PM -0700, Tom Cumming wrote:

    >>What about using the "panic" command in ddb? :)
    >

    >The problem is not getting it to panic, the problem is getting it to save
    >core after the panic. I can find no way to configure the dump device before
    >I boot, only after the OS is up. This means a panic during boot will not
    >dump core because the dump device is not configured.

Boot off of a good kernel and:

   # boot -s
   # fsck -p
   # mount /var
   # savecore /kernel.broken /var/crash

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.