Re: Panic on boot. How do I get a kernel dump.

From: Tom Cumming <tcumming123_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:31:16 -0700

> To clarify, there is no way to set the dumpdev in the loader, by
> tunable or any other method :)

Thanks all, it seems finally people are understanding my question. I've
already tried to, "set dumpdev = ad1s1b" in the loader and that didn't work.
I didn't use the, "/dev/" path because rootdev didn't have it, and I believe
the syntax would be the same.

One possibility is to hard code dumpdev in the kernel, then boot that
kernel.

thx, tom