weird problem with a fresh current on amd64

From: Sergey Matveychuk <sem_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:56:57 +0400
Hi.

I wonder why so many changes in code freeze?

Before the freeze (and 2-3  weeks ago) my amd64 current box worked like
charm. But after I've refresh it couple days ago I've got a strange
problem. It hangs on boot when rc.d scripts loaded.

I’ve rebuild a kernel to add KDB. Now I can get in it when the box hang.
But what’s a magic? When I press Ctrl-Alt-Esc I see a login prompt and
get to debugger. When I return back the box still not respond. It looks
like something with console?

I should reboot 2-3 times to boot smooth.

The last lines on console is:
Starting devd.
/etc/rc: DEBUG: run_rc_command: doit: /sbin/devd
/etc/pccard_ether: DEBUG: run_rccommand: start_precmd: checkauto
/etc/pccard_ether: DEBUG: run_rccommand: doit: pccard_ether_start
/etc/pccard_ether: DEBUG: run_rccommand: start_precmd: checkauto
/etc/pccard_ether: DEBUG: run_rccommand: doit: pccard_ether_start
nve0: linkstate changed to DOWN

--
Dixi.
Sem.