Re: Atheros Open Hal

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:41:39 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <60162.218.185.225.2.1186099209.squirrel_at_www.silkweb.net.nz>
            marcos_at_silkweb.net.nz writes:
:   I don't care much about politics but I could tell you that I used
: Freebsd hal for a very long time, I've got more 600 wifi PCs running
: BSD. the best feature about the open hal is that it's open. with the
: open hal in Linux you are now able to run license frequencies, use 5Mhz,
: 10Mhz or 20Mhz per channel , etc.... I would love to have a driver with
: all that features to run on freebsd and I'm sure that will be the same
: interets from many other freebsd/wifi users.

Did I say that it wouldn't be cool to have a cool driver?  No.

I just said that there's no black helicopters conspiring against one,
as was implied in the original message that took too many items out of
context in an attempt to smear the project.

Warner