Panic with current

From: Michel Talon <talon_at_lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 12:04:29 +0200
Hello,

i have tried the following recent snapshot of CURRENT on my laptop:
http://snapshots.us.freebsd.org/snapshots/2007-08-03/7.0-20070803-SNAP-i386-bootonly.iso
it boots OK but panics when probing hardware. Very strangely at this
point it says "Going nowhere without my init!" while it has already
found sysinstall as init. It then drops to the debugger, the backtrace
says it was in kern_exit after a syscall, and no more. Sorry the laptop
has nos serial port so i don't have a better trace.

The laptop is a Sony VGN-C1, with a Core 2 Duo. It works with
FreeBSD-6.2. The boot messages appear normal, in particular the hardware
seems detected except the wifi, and acpi seems to work. The same above
iso works OK on another machine.

--

Michel TALON