Re: Reboot on "shutdown -r" hangs after final "uptime ..." string

From: Don Lewis <truckman_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:02:28 -0700 (PDT)
On 10 Aug, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
>
> [patch for ehci interfering with reboot]
>
>> On 8/10/07, bruce_at_cran.org.uk <bruce_at_cran.org.uk> wrote:
>> > ["my machine won't reboot when ehci is loaded"]
>
> my machine doesn't have an ehci usb controller.
> (though possibly it has the driver because I have an ehci pc-card
> I sometimes use).

You might have to do what I did to debug the ehci problem and scatter
printf's throughout the shutdown code.  I wasn't able to break into DDB
from the console when my machine hung, the motherboard in question
doesn't have a serial port, I wasn't able to get kgdb working with
/dev/fwmem, and it doesn't appear to be possible to debug event handlers
using kgdb over firewire.