Re: "tcpflags 0x18<PUSH,ACK>; tcp_do_segment" kernel messages

From: Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev_at_moneybookers.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:00:48 +0300
Hi,

Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Bruce, good day.
>
> Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:41:12PM +0100, bruce_at_cran.org.uk wrote:
>
>> I cvsupped my -CURRENT laptop last night and have been building ports
>> today.  When I checked the dmesg there were lots of messages similar to:
>>
>> TCP: [204.152.184.73]:21 to [10.0.10.13]:65159] tcpflags 0x18<PUSH,ACK>;
>> tcp_do_segment: FIN_WAIT_2: Received data after socket was closed,
>> sending RST and removing tcpcb
>>

> This was introduced in the /sys/netinet/tcp_input.c, 1.365.
> The origin and need for the change was discuissed in
> 	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-July/014804.html
> (See http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-July/014808.html
> for the explanation of what's going on).
>
> If you were running -CURRENT on the same machine prior to CVSupping,
> then you probably saw the 'Spurious RST' messages.  They were
> provoked by the same situation.  The messages themselves are harmless,

This is not harmless here :( I'm running current from today 14.Aug.
I use an network applications that hangs every time when I see such a
message.

Any ideas how can I debug, or help to someone who is familiar with the
code ?

My colleagues report and problems with ssh and apache on this server.

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev