Re: Atheros Open Hal

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:39:30 -0700
Peter Jeremy wrote this message on Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 10:41 +1000:
> On 2007-Aug-03 15:00:30 +0200, Jona Joachim <jaj_at_hcl-club.lu> wrote:
> >On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:46:58 -0500
> >linimon_at_lonesome.com (Mark Linimon) wrote:

> >I reread the sentence twice to make sure I don't change its meaning
> >by putting it out of context.
>
> However you didn't mention the final paragraph regarding the
> -developers list which makes it clear that -developers is _not_
> intended to hide general discussions from the general FreeBSD
> community.

There's a lot that wasn't quoted:
Examples are Core voting, announcements, etc.

This list is not intended as a place for code reviews or a replacement
for the FreeBSD architecture and design mailing list or the FreeBSD
source code audit mailing list. In fact using it as such hurts the
FreeBSD Project as it gives a sense of a closed list where general
decisions affecting all of the FreeBSD using community are made
without being "open".

And that last one clearly states that what was accussed should not
happen...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579