Re: IP over HTTP?

From: Randall Stewart <rrs_at_cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:51:11 -0400
Julian Elischer wrote:
> Kip Macy wrote:
>
>> On 8/14/07, Randall Stewart <rrs_at_cisco.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all:
>>>
>>> Just curious.. as anyone did this on BSD?
>>>
>>> If so, pointers would be nice.. if not... I may (but
>>> I won't go into the rant as why ;-D)
>>

>> I can guess. I believe there is an IPoDNS netgraph module floating
>> around that *might* make a good reference.
>

> hmm  OMG
> /usr/ports/net/iodine  !!
>

>>  -Kip

Perfect...

With some hacking I can use this as a starting point to make
it run over web..

There are several places I have gone (rest areas in SD for
example.. :-o) that block all but port 80.

I am thinking I will add with this some sort of authentication too.. and
reserve one of my IP addresses at home to use for this .. no more
^&&^*%$# they block everything but port 80 .. and for that matter
xchat.. which is blocked (especially inside a firewall of a large
router company's that Julian may run across :-D) would then work :-)

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 803-317-4952 (cell)