Re: Promise SATA 300 TX4 cause

From: Karsten W. Schmidt / DLX ApS <ks_at_dlx.dk>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:58:36 +0200
>> After some poking around, I can confirm Karsten's report that it is
>> indeed the following edit that causes problems with the Promise card:
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-June/079930.html

> Once again, *no*.  This commit may have exacerbated the problem, but
> people were having trouble with Promise controllers already in April.

Maybe it’s the same problem, but before this change I never had any data corruption.
The only problems I have with a kernel older than this change is these.

ad20: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
ad20: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
ad20: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE RCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
ad20: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE WCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
ad20: WARNING - SET_MULTI taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
ad20: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA retrying (1 retry left) LBA=276459

--
Karsten