Re: kernel panic with memory disks

From: Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:58:45 -0500
On 20/08/07, Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev_at_moneybookers.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not know if this is know behavior, and I know that 6.2 panic if the
> memory disk got full,
> but on 7-current the panic is before the disk got full.
>
> Here is what I do:
>
> mdconfig -a -t malloc -s 800m
> newfs /dev/md0
> mount /dev/md0 /mnt
> cp 600mb.file /mnt

     -t type
             Select the type of the memory disk.

             malloc   Storage for this type of memory disk is allocated with
                      malloc(9).  This limits the size to the malloc bucket
                      limit in the kernel.  If the -o reserve option is not
                      set, creating and filling a large malloc-backed memory
                      disk is a very easy way to panic a system.
-- mdconfig(8)

--
If I write a sig
emails are personalised