Re: MCP55 SATA problems (was Re: PATA-SATA convertor drive inaccessibility)

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:54:45 +0100 (BST)
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Mark Powell wrote:

> But doesn't the fact that everything works fine on the same hardware on 6.2,
> seem to suggest that something got changed in 7 that has broken this?

Moved the 3 PATA drive array back to my old Athlon XP board with an
Sil3112 on board. I connected 2 of the drives via SATA dongles to the the
2 SATA ports and the 3rd via IDE. Works perfectly with same 7.0 that can't
detect dongled drives on MCP55.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,