Re: error building yesterday code

From: Sean C. Farley <scf_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:13:42 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:

> On 8/21/07, Kip Macy <kip.macy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sounds like bad memory. Try memtest.
>>
> memtest is 91% ano bad nothing ...
>
> at night I can make further tests, but so far I'm not blaming the
> memory
>
> any other ideas ?

Bad caps (http://www.badcaps.net/)?  The site tells you what to examine.
I had some capacitors go bad on two motherboards (circa 2001).  In fact,
one of the boards did not show any physical problems with the capacitors
until much later.  memtest did not show any issues, and I ran it many
times.

If it is happening at various locations in the code as opposed to the
same line each time, it usually points to hardware issues.

Sean
--
scf_at_FreeBSD.org