RE: Can't create TCP connections to certain IP addresses

From: Johan Hendriks <Johan_at_double-l.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:31:54 +0200
On Tuesday 21 August 2007, David Malone wrote:
>> > What's the PR number?
>>
>> The PR that I am thinking of is:
>>
>> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/69257
>>
>> > COPTFLAGS+=-O2
>> > CPUTYPE=i586/mmx
>>
>> I guess you may not be directly be effected, as you're using -O2, but

>> it might be another interaction with gcc, so I'd try compiling a
>> kernel with -O, just to see if you get a different result.
>>
>> (Record the output of building the kernel, just to make sure it is
>> using the flags you think it is.)
>I had to specify
>CFLAGS=-O -pipe
>in make.conf to force the kernel to build without -O2 even after
removing the COPTFLAGS and CPUTYPE.

>It's fixed now by forcing -O, but this seems to be a serious issue as
-O2 is the default.  Is this fixed in 4.2.1? And will that make it into

--
>Anish Mistry

4.2.1 is in at the moment.

admin_at_beasty ~ $ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD]
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

Regards,
Johan