X Server Problems: 100% CPU usage, no keyboard

From: Maxim Khitrov <mkhitrov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:49:02 -0400
Hello,

I'm not exactly sure how to best proceed in my situation, so thought
I'd ask here. I'm running FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT on my Fujitsu P7010
laptop. I installed xorg and gnome2-lite ports, configured the X
server, and am now trying to get gnome to run.

The problem is this; if I boot using the GENERIC kernel and run
startx, everything works great. I get my gnome desktop and can
continue working there. However, when I switch to my own kernel,
starting the X server causes CPU usage to go to 100% (permanently) and
my keyboard stops working. I can't even do Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill
the server. The mouse still works, so I can logout back to the console
at which point CPU goes to idle and keyboard works again.

I looked through my kernel config and don't see anything wrong there.
The keyboard-related options are the same as GENERIC. My only guess is
that it's something that I've added to the kernel that is causing
these problems, but I don't want to go removing one thing at a time at
random to see if it makes a difference. My config is posted on
pastebin (URL below). Can you please take a look at it and see if you
can spot what could be causing the problem?

My configuration file: http://pastebin.com/m1a39ace1

Thanks,
Maxim Khitrov