Re: INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE patches

From: David Taylor <davidt_at_yadt.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:55:09 +0100
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 06:48:47PM +0100, David Taylor wrote:
>
> Here's the patch I prepared for you:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~wkoszek/patches/config-trigraph.patch
>
> Apply it within src/usr.sbin/config directory:
>
> 	cd src/usr.sbin/config && patch < config-trigraph.patch
>
> And rebuild config(8). Please let me know whether it works for you
> correctly. I tested it very roughly both with and without -C flag
> against GENERIC and LINT configurations tweaked a little bit to contain
> trigraphs within comments and options containing value.
>
> Sorry for long delay in replying,
>
> Thanks for your report!

For some reason that I don't understand, and don't have time to
investigate right now, I can't reproduce the problem with the unpatched
config, no matter how many trigraphs I add to my kernel configs
I expect I'm doing something monumentally stupid.

However, your patch didn't cause me any problems, and I expect if
I could reproduce the original problem, it would solve that too.

--
David Taylor