Re: Encrypted zfs?

From: Gerrit Kühn <gerrit_at_pmp.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:18:01 +0200
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:48:18 +0000 Christian Walther <cptsalek_at_gmail.com>
wrote about Encrypted zfs?:

CW> I'm currently using a zraid consisting of three drives. Lately I
CW> wonder what the best way would be to encrypt it.
CW> I read the chapter dealing with disk encryption in the handbook, and
CW> decided to use GELI. Is there anyone here on the list who has some
CW> experiences with ZFS on encrypted GELI devices? Are there some
CW> performance specs around?

I'm using zraid on geli devices. Can't tell you anything about
performance though, it just works for me. However, I still have problems
getting this setup booted and mounted automatically. OTOH, I havn't looked
into these problems for some weeks now, maybe they're solved meanwhile.

cu
  Gerrit