Re: Serious compatibility breakage in -current.

From: Carl Shapiro <carl.shapiro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 20:42:56 -0800
On Nov 30, 2007 7:26 AM, Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> The patch I posted was enough for CMUCL to survive the gc.

The SIGBUS handler in CMUCL compares the value of si_code to
BUS_PAGE_FAULT.  If these values do not compare equal, the signal is
not interpreted by the garbage collector.  For the record, your
original patch did not fill the si_code value with BUS_PAGE_FAULT and
so it was not enough.

> Patch below shall implement it, and be MFCed to RELENG_7. The change to
> crtbrand.c shall be MFCed to RELENG_6 (and, possibly, RELENG_5). Patch
> was lightly tested on i386, and compile tested on amd64.
> Please, give it a run.

I applied your patch to my 7.0-BETA3 sources and my test programs now
behave as expected.  Notably, the si_code value is always correct.
Thanks!