Re: ndis(4): BCM4328 driver from Apple - dies in pe_translate_addr

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:09:47 -0600
On 12/3/07, Ed Schouten <ed_at_fxq.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found another .sys/.inf this afternoon which loads properly. I now see
> a ndis0 show up with the correct MAC address. Unfortunately `ifconfig
> ndis0 list scan' is broken, because it tries to do some FPU operations.
> Each time when I run the command, I get a lot of "fpudna in kernel
> mode!" messages in my dmesg, which makes the driver as good as useless.
>
> I guess we unlucky BCM4328 folks should wait until a native driver shows
> up. :-(

The "fpudna in kernel mode" messages can be ignored, they don't affect
the operation of the ndis0 driver.  Add ifconfig_ndis0="WPA DHCP" to
/etc/rc.conf, create /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf that is appropriate for
your wireless network(s), then use /etc/rc.d/netif start ndis0 to
connect to your wireless network.

ifconfig doesn't list any wireless networks:
hp010# ifconfig ndis0 list scan

But using wpa_cli does show wireless networks:

hp010# wpa_cli
wpa_cli v0.5.8
Copyright (c) 2004-2007, Jouni Malinen <j_at_w1.fi> and contributors

This program is free software. You can distribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.

Alternatively, this software may be distributed under the terms of the
BSD license. See README and COPYING for more details.

Selected interface 'ndis0'

Interactive mode

> scan
OK
> scan_results
bssid / frequency / signal level / flags / ssid
00:0e:2e:7d:8a:0b       2462    -45     [WEP]   TimeMachine

Scot