Re: Problems Building 7.0-Beta3 with -Os

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 17:37:35 +0100
Boris Samorodov wrote:
> "Os" is not supported/tested/etc. From /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf:
> -----
> # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code.
> # Note that optimization settings other than -O and -O2 are not recommended
> # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any
> # nonstandard optimization settings to "-O" or "-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing"
> # before submitting bug reports without patches to the developers.
> -----
>

> WBR

Hi Boris,

yes I know, but "-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing" should be supported, if I
understand correctly. According to gcc manual -Os is the same as -O2 but
without the optimizations known to produce large memory footprint. I
also tested -Os -fno-strict-aliasing and it shows the same behavior. I
am also happy with just using -O(1), just wanted to let someone know
that 7.0 works different for me than 6.2

Kind Regards,

Jan