Re: wireless 3945ABG Wireless support

From: Benjamin Close <Benjamin.Close_at_clearchain.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 08:07:20 +1030
Jeff Palmer wrote:
> Benjamin Close wrote:
>
>> Boris Kochergin wrote:

>>> You can get the driver for 7/8 from
>>> http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi, and it's included in 8-CURRENT.
>>>
>> And about to be MFC'ed to 7... well at least in the next day.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>    Benjamin
>>
>> !DSPAM:8,4757fc3921261879026797!
>>

> There seems to be a lot of reports of success using the wpi driver for
> that chipset, however it's not working for everyone. Count me as one of
> them it doesn't currently work for. You can search the archives if you
> are interested in details.

I know some people seem to be having association issues and I'm working
to fix them. The reality is more people have been claiming success than
failure hence the reason to the MFC to 7.
Try giving the code in p4 a shot and see how you go. I'll be putting it
in HEAD once I finish cleaning it up a little I'd certainly be
interested in your results.

http://perforce.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/user/benjsc/wpi&HIDEDEL=NO

Cheers,
    Benjamin