RDNSS in FreeBSD? (rfc4339)

From: Angelo Hongens <angelo_at_hongens.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 23:13:31 +0100
Hey,

RFC 4339 talks about how to assign IPv6 hosts with DNS servers through
RA or DHCPv6.

I want to push IPv6 DNS server addresses (wel, only one actuallty) out
to a few clients on my home network, to test using IPv6-only hosts.

I already use rtadvd in the base to hand out IPv6 addresses, but is
there a way to have it push out DNS server adresses as well? I've been
googling my ass off, but it gives little to no results, and rtadvd.conf
file doesn't say anything about this option.

The above RFC part about RA (snippet):

"3.1. RA Option

    The RA approach defines a new ND option, called the RDNSS option,
    that contains a recursive DNS server address [6].  Existing ND
    transport mechanisms (i.e., advertisements and solicitations) are
    used.  This works in the same way that nodes learn about routers and
    prefixes.  An IPv6 host can configure the IPv6 addresses of one or
    more RDNSSes via RA message periodically sent by a router or
    solicited by a Router Solicitation (RS)."

I'm running 7.0-BETA4 by the way..

If rtadvd does not yet support this function, will it in the future? If
not, I have to use DHCPv6? What is the best DHCP6 server? I'm used to
ISC's DHCPD, does it have a v6 version in ports? I see the WIDE-DHCPv6,
is that the de-facto standard?

Thanks in advance for your replies..

--

Kind regards,