Re: FreeBSD 7 trivial problems / notes

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:49:43 +0200
On 2007-12-09 22:51, Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've started a page with the intention of enumerating small errors or
> annoyances of RELENG_7:
>
> http://www.sharanet.org/%7Eivoras/freebsd/freebsd7-nags.html
>
> I'm posting the link here as it might be useful to people compiling
> Release Notes or Errata documents for 7.0.

Nice page.  Some of the features which are new in 7.0 will certainly
need at least a bit of `love and care', so their release notes are
useful.

Some of these are in the PEBKAC range of problems, though, i.e.:

=>  tmpfs and fstab/fsck errors

    Since tmpfs /tmp is a memory file system, which is created from
    scratch every time, it makes no sense to fsck it on boot.

=>  SCTP depends on IPv6

    This is clearly documented in NOTES.  I don't think it should count
    as a surprising fact.