Re: ZFS melting under postgres...

From: David Duchscher <daved_at_tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:21:32 -0600
On Dec 14, 2007, at 6:57 AM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> David Duchscher <daved_at_tamu.edu> writes:
>> So does anybody know of a battery backed NVRAM card that can be used
>> with FreeBSD that the ZIL could be offloaded to?
>
> Any CF card or similar will do.  You don't need battery backup for
> flash memory.

I did think of that but is a CF card faster than a good SAS or SATA
drive?  Fastest ones I found have a top rating of 45MB/s.  The one
battery backed NVARM card that showed up in a google search had a
peak rate of 533MB/s.  The question seems moot though since FreeBSD
doesn't currently support them.

Thanks for your time,
--
DaveD