Re: ZFS melting under postgres...

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:12:54 +0100
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org> writes:
>> Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>>> That's no longer true. You can't get more than 5-10MB/s from
>>> seek-intensive RAID0 with two 15K drives, while 20-30MB/s is not a
>>> problem for the comparable priced/sized SSD drive.
>> Can you point me at a vendor with SSDs of such characteristics?
>
> Kingston CF Elite, 20 / 25 MBps write / read
> Kingston CF Ultimate, 40 / 45 MBps write / read
>
> SanDisk Extreme III CF, 20 MBps
> SanDisk Extreme IV CF, 45 MBps
>
> Sony CF 300X, 45 MBps
>
> These are just a few of those available from my regular supplier.

These are all "normal" CompactFlash cards, for which the widely
available size seems to be 16 GB max, right? I was thinking about
something more like this:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/adatas-128gb-solid-state-drive-sees-the-light-of-day-231693.php
or this: http://www.mtron.net/English/Product/pc_msd1000.asp

Did you (or anyone) deploy CF drives for production servers?