Re: nvidia-driver-100.14.19 port doesn't detect device in 7.0-BETA4

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnisec.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 01:45:43 +0100
Daniel O'Connor schrieb:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Rudy wrote:
>> Upgrading nvidia-driver makes nvidia no longer work.  :(  Nothing
>> shows up in /dev when I do a "kldload nvidia".
>>
>> The slightly older 100.14.11 worked in 7.0-CURRENT about 5 months
>> ago.
>>
>> Anyone have a way to get nvida working on 7.0-BETA4 ?
>
> Something else has probably attached to your video card so nvidia
> doesn't get a chance.
>
> Try putting nvidia_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf and reboot.

Well, I'm not sure anything other has attached.
I recognized that kldloading a module doesn't attach anymore where it
formerly had.
One example is the nvidia driver, another one is ng_ubt.
It gets only detected if I load it in loader.conf.
I had this problem ever since I tried 7-current (almost a year ago).
I hadn't seen the problem with RELENG_6 on the same hardware (ng_ubt on
one machine and nvidia on another one) before.

Best regards,

-Harry