Re: UTF-8 collations on FreeBSD?

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:08:27 +0300
On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 05:57:25PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of multibyte (in particular, I'm only interested in
> UTF-8) support in FreeBSD? I remember there have been many reports that
> it simply "doesn't work" but they have been posted before RELENG_7.
>
> If the multibyte support does work, I'm interested in creating the
> necessary tables for my language and I'd like to know what is the best
> place to start researching how it's done?

Multibyte support works, excepting to collation which defaults to
single byte order.
AFAIK, no one is taking this task yet.
Speaking particulary about UTF-8, it will be better to have single sorting
table for whole UTF-8 rather then for particular language.
See what other systems (f.e. Linux) have done.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/