Re: UTF-8 collations on FreeBSD?

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:34:19 +0300
On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 07:41:24PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
> > AFAIK, no one is taking this task yet.
> > Speaking particulary about UTF-8, it will be better to have single sorting
> > table for whole UTF-8 rather then for particular language.
>
> I don't know how that would work because the position of a character
> (the same character) in alphabets varies between languages.

I wasn't clear. I mean main table sorted by some default in accordance to
Unicode ranges, i.e. Cyrillic, Greek, etc. and small per specific language
table above it. It allows to not store full unicode sorting for each
language.

BTW, I think the best place to discuss this matter is i18n_at_freebsd.org
list.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/