Re: amd64 NVIDIA support in FreeBSD 7

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:07:46 +0100 (CET)
Martin Cracauer wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > 3D acceleration support works fine with the i915 in my
 > > two years old notebook, and it's supposed to work as well
 > > with newer ones (although I've seen a problem report for
 > > the i965 recently).  3D performance is sufficient to run
 > > typical OpenGL screen savers or OpenGL games such as
 > > crack-attack or xkobo-deluxe in full screen (1400 x 1050)
 > > without flicker or jitter.  That's a 2-years old 1.6 GHz
 > > Pentium-M.
 >
 > Does it run Google Earth?

I've never used Google Earth.  Never had a need for it.

Best regards
   Oliver

In my experience the term "transparent proxy" is an oxymoron (like jumbo
shrimp).  "Transparent" proxies seem to vary from the distortions of a
funhouse mirror to barely translucent.  I really, really dislike them
when trying to figure out the corrective lenses needed with each of them.
        -- R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer