Re: ZFS melting under postgres...

From: Rainer Duffner <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:53:57 +0100
Am 18.12.2007 um 21:33 schrieb Ivan Voras:

> Rainer Duffner wrote:
>
>> Although, I don't know if the "cheap" SSDs mentioned can compete with
>> the SD-RAM backed "super SSDs".
>
> On a mostly unrelated subject, I'd just like to post this link for the
> people following the thread:
>
> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/hyperdrive4-is-a-ram-hard-
> drive-fast-as-lightning-335274.php
>
> I was not talking about that level of hardware :)

Hey, that's cheap.
Thanks for the link.
Their comparison with TMS's RAMSAN is a bit unfair, though. A good
part of the price-difference between the two comes from the fact that
the later connects via FC and it's actually a small SAN-array (hence
the name). Makes all the eSATA-crap unnecessary and allows for easier
sharing of the device.
But still, the Hyperdrive looks promising.
The problem is: our servers don't come with 5.25" bays anymore -
we've long since left that form-factor behind....

cheers,
Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner