idle priority scheduling broken in 7.0-BETA4

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:23:32 +1100
In August, I reported that idprio was not working in -current.
Successive upgrades to 7.0-BETA2 and 7.0-BETA4, as well as switching
to ULE have not resolved the problem.

The problem affects both boinc-einsteinathome and boinc-setiathome and
causes them to report "No heartbeat from core client for 31 sec -
exiting" and get repeatedly restarted.  The boinc compute modules
(einstein_at_home, seti_at_home etc) use a SysV SHM segment to exchange
heartbeats with the boinc core client.  The problem is that the core
client is not being scheduled whilst the compute module is running,
causing them to die.

Previously, multiple idprio tasks were round-robined but it seems that
something has been changed and it appears that the last scheduled task
is now re-scheduled.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

--
Peter Jeremy