Repeated or missed keys after upgrading from 6.2 to 7.0

From: Mike Silbersack <silby_at_silby.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:15:17 -0600 (CST)
In order to eat my own dog food, I upgraded my laptop from 6.2 to 7.0.
This seemed to have gone well, until I started writing a long e-mail while
sitting on the couch today.  As I was typing the e-mail, I noticed that my
typing skills seemed to have gone missing; there were words missing 2-3
letters, and other places where I was apparently holding down keyyyys.
Heh, that's a real example of the phenomenon right there.

After a while I realized that I was not typing sloppily, but that in fact
keys are being lost in certain cases and duplicated in others.  Since I
did not rebuild any ports or packages, I'm convinced that this is directly
related to the 7.0 upgrade.

This behavior has shown up when running a local copy of pine (inside
konsole), chatting in ksirc, and in a few other programs.  (I'm running
KDE.)  I think it happens more when on battery than when plugged into an
outlet.  I'm running xbattbar, so it could be querying the battery status
and causing problems.  This is using the laptop's built-in keyboard
(non-USB.)

I'm going to try to track this down, although I don't know how successful
I'll be.  I'd like to know if anyone else has seen this problem and if
they have any additional information that might help me track it down
faster.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack