Re: Apple Macbook CPU frequency scaling changed?

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_fxq.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:39:39 +0100
* Ed Schouten <ed_at_fxq.nl> wrote:
> I was using the patch for a couple of weeks, without problems, because
> my MacBook was unable to boot without it. It seems to have happened
> after the 18th, because I've got a kernel from the 18th. I'll try to
> track down the exact commit tomorrow.

Had some time this evening to test some more. It turns out to be the
following. It doesn't matter when I check out the source code, but it
seems to be related to my configuration.

When I configure a kernel that uses INVARIANTS, DDB, KDB, etc.
everything goes well, but as soon as I remove those options, I get a
kernel that fails to attach the est devices. I've attached two dmesg
files. At the top, they're a little bit trimmed, because the output was
too much for the dmesg buffer.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_fxq.nl>
 WWW: http://g-rave.nl/