DHCPclient issues with wireless

From: Nathan Butcher <n-butcher_at_fusiongol.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:09:57 +0900
Updated to 7.0-PRERELEASE yesterday.

I have a Ralink chipset USB wireless adaptor. It gets the ural driver as
expected. Typically I connect it with dhcpclient to a completely open
wireless access point. dhcpclient is good enough to find the first ssid
it gets and sets me up with a DHCP lease to use dhcp with it.
All I needed to do was issue "dhcpclient ural0"

This behaviour seems to have changed in PRERELEASE. dhcplcient simply
tells me "ural0: no link...."

Here's the interesting thing though. I can manually set the ipaddress,
netmask, ssid, and default route of the system and "cheat" my way into
network access without requiring a dhcp lease.

I assume that there's been some change in dhcpclient which has upset
it's normal behaviour, whereas the ural driver still works (more or less
- it often "times out" randomly)